Security

Occasional Contributor II

Connection beetwen mesh portal with mesh point is intermitten

Hi all, 

i have connection between 2 building with ap outdoor as connector, and it's always intermitten every 30mnts for around 15mnts. any idea what should i do for the configuration ?

MVP

Re: Connection beetwen mesh portal with mesh point is intermitten

Might be some DFS issues (weather radar or similer) - try using other 5GHZ channels , or disable 80mhz and use 40mhz only.

and <> please read bellow comment:

With IAP there is no functionality that prohibits an AP from changing channels when mesh is enabled (not really for AOS either). So if there's no clients on the 5Ghz radio (assuming you have client aware enabled) if the AP scans for 5Ghz and finds a 'better' 5Ghz channel, it will move, even with mesh enabled, and it's obviously very disruptive. In many cases the 5GHz mesh for instant is used when they just need to reach the last leg for client access Aps, but for bridged network backhaul, when you want the 5GHz radio to chose stability over the best channel, a static assignment should be used. It would be good to have some kind of logic where 'is mesh is enabled on the 5Ghz radio, only change channel if absolutely necessary'.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

thanks for the response sir, i already disable 80mhz and i have tried change the channel to another one every time, but the connection still intermitten in around 30mnts for 15mnts

any another idea sir for configuration ?

is mesh portal can't send big packet through ?

Guru Elite

Please obtain the tech support from the AP to see if there any clues as to why this is happening.  We need more information.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

which log you want know ? such as "show ap database" ? may i know every command to show log for troubleshoot this issue ?

Guru Elite

"show tech-support" would be the best command to capture everything.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

already sent it sir :) , please review the log

Guru Elite

How far apart are those access points?  It says that the RSSI is 50.  Also type "show log wireless all" and "show log system all" to see if there are any clues why these access points are disconnecting.  Also, "show ap tech-support ap-name <name of ap>" for each AP, to see if there are any more clues.

show ap mesh topology long

Mesh Cluster Name: aruba-mesh
-----------------------------
Name              Mesh Role  Parent            Path Cost  Node Cost  Link Cost                                                                                          Hop Count  RSSI  Rate Tx/Rx  Last Update  Uplink Age     #Children  Children
----              ---------  ------            ---------  ---------  ---------                                                                                          ---------  ----  ----------  -----------  ----------     ---------  --------
AP277-MeshPoint   Point      AP277-MESHPORTAL  1          0          0                                                                                                  1          50    54/54       4m:45s       5m:4s          0
AP277-MESHPORTAL  Portal     -                 0          1          0                                                                                                  0          0     -           5m:5s        2d:8h:57m:45s  1          "AP277-MeshP                                                                                        oint"

Colin Joseph

length between APs is 110m and there is no obstacle between them,

i attach the log for "show log wireless all" , "show log system all" , and tech supp for each APs

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: