Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:49 AM

I've got 2 cppm clusters that started out with same config. One became our production cluster, the other our building cluster. Production cluster was populated with more devices than building cluster.

Want to import all the devices in production  cluster not in building cluster onto building cluser.

1). Straight export of Devices from production fails the 1st time the import hits an already defined device

2). exported both device xml files ; did a diff to get a list of xml objects of devices not on building cluster e.g.

<NadClient coaCapable="true" coaPort="3799" description="Halifax Cricket Pavilion WC1 (ext wifi) - HP 2915-8G-PoE" ipAddress="10.4.97.165" name="cp1sw1" radiusSecret="mysecret" tacacsSecret="" vendorName="Hewlett-Packard-Enterprise"></NadClient>

wrapped it round with 

<TipsContents xmlns="http://www.avendasys.com/tipsapiDefs/1.0">
    <NadClients>

<NadClient coaCapable="true" coaPort="3799" description="Halifax Cricket Pavilion WC1 (ext wifi) - HP 2915-8G-PoE" ipAddress="10.4.97.165" name="cp1sw1" radiusSecret="mysecret" tacacsSecret="" vendorName="Hewlett-Packard-Enterprise"></NadClient>

</NadClients>

</TipsContents>

Tells me "File contains invalid XML tags. Try export to see the valid XML tags"

Wht format am I supposed to use to correctly import a NadClient into? Have just used exported  devicwe entries

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:55 AM
    Which version of ClearPass? 6.7.X will not error out during import when there's an existing device.

• 3.  RE: Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

Posted Mar 23, 2018 06:06 PM

Nope sorry, source =6.7.0 dest =6.7.2

Exported devices  and when I tried importing it tells me oe ip address already exists

• 4.  RE: Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 06:08 PM
    That should not be happening. Please open a TAC case.

• 5.  RE: Copying device definitions from 1 cppm server to another

Posted Apr 03, 2018 06:33 AM

logged a fault call .... and its gone really really quiet