Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Create Guest WLAN that requires you to enter an email address (instant)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Create Guest WLAN that requires you to enter an email address (instant)

Posted Jun 03, 2016 08:16 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Captive Portal for guest access, where the user needs to enter an emailaddress in order to gain access to the guest network. However, I keep reading I need ClearPass before I'd be able to do so? Is this correct or is there a way to do this without ClearPass?

Kind regards,

Tom

• 2.  RE: Create Guest WLAN that requires you to enter an email address (instant)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2016 02:44 PM

You can do it without clearpass.  You just need an external web server to host your HTML, otherwise it will look very rudimentary.

• 3.  RE: Create Guest WLAN that requires you to enter an email address (instant)

Posted Jun 06, 2016 03:20 AM

Indeed .. is there a guide on how to do so? I haven't been able to find one.

• 4.  RE: Create Guest WLAN that requires you to enter an email address (instant)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2016 06:37 AM

Unfortunately, upon doing research on this, I discovered you cannot do this without clearpass...