Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating Guest manager with specific profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Creating Guest manager with specific profile

Posted May 20, 2015 11:03 AM

Hi All,

Might be a silly question but ....

Looking to create a guest manager account for our conference office. All they'll need to do is be able to create multiple guest accounts and print them out for the users using a particular printing profile.

I've created an operator login profile for them, but there seems to be something missing between creating an operator login profile and managing to assign it to a local user id. When creating a local user,I can assign a given Role from the Identity/Roles list.

I take it I have to somehow map a specific Role to the operator profile I've created. If so , how do I do it?

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Creating Guest manager with specific profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2015 11:17 AM
    In your guest login service, you'll need to write a rule that maps the tips role to an enforcement profile that assigns the new operator role.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Creating Guest manager with specific profile

Posted May 20, 2015 11:42 AM

o.k. figured that one out and I can now log in as an operator with access rights to create multiple user accounts. The problem we keep getting back to is the amount of work our conference office have to do in handing out userids and passwords to conference delgates.

If we've got a list of mobile telephone number / email address of conference delegates can we import them an use them as part of the bulk account creation process so we can

1). Create an account valid for the days of the conference where the username is their email address

2). SMS the user the details.

?

A