Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom field - self enrolment

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Custom field - self enrolment

Posted Nov 01, 2013 06:14 AM

Hi all

I want to create a hidden field on one of my self enrolment forms that takes the value of another field (e.g. name) and appends a static value to it. For instance, if they enter their name as Jack, I want to take that value and add "@company.com", so the value of my custom field is jack@company.com

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Custom field - self enrolment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2013 08:04 AM

@jsumner86 wrote:

Hi all

I want to create a hidden field on one of my self enrolment forms that takes the value of another field (e.g. name) and appends a static value to it. For instance, if they enter their name as Jack, I want to take that value and add "@company.com", so the value of my custom field is jack@company.com

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

jsumner86,

It all depends what you want to do with that field.

• 3.  RE: Custom field - self enrolment

Posted Nov 01, 2013 08:15 AM

See the below HTML script if it can be helpful to you.

In this script captive portal shows a "connect" button to guest. when guest press connect button. It send default value "user@company.com" to the controller. Please also note we have implemented guest login not user login.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <title>Portal Login</title>
        <style type="text/css">
            .button
            {
                cursor: pointer;
            }
        </style>
        <script type="text/javascript">

if(!this.form.checkbox.checked)
            {
                alert('You must agree to the terms first.');
                return false;
            }

</script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            // Popup window code
            function newPopup(url) {
                popupWindow = window.open(
            url, 'popUpWindow', 'height=500,width=800,left=10,top=10,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes')
            }
        </script>
    </head>
    <body style="background-image: url(background.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-size: 100% 100%; min-height: 900px">
        <form name="form1" method="post" autocomplete="off" action="/auth/index.html/u">
        <div style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
            <div style="color: White; font-family: Arial; padding-top: 360px; height: 200px;
                border-color: White;" align="center">
                <br>
                <input type="hidden" id="email" name="email" type="text" value="user@company.com"
                    class="text" accesskey="e" />
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="authenticate" />
                <br>
                <br>
                Please review the <a href="JavaScript&colon;newPopup('Terms.htm');">Terms & Conditions
                </a> before pressing the "Connect" button below.
                <br />
                <br />
                <input type="submit" name="Login" value="Connect" class="button" />
            </div>
        </div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

• 4.  RE: Custom field - self enrolment

Posted Nov 04, 2013 08:27 AM

Hi cjpseph

To clarify, this is what I'm trying to do:

I want to set up an SMS receipt for self enrolment, but the SMS services plugin simply doesn't work (and I don't believe I can update it without a support contract).

To get around this, I want to get the user to enter their mobile phone number into the phone field, and then have a hidden e-mail field that will automatically take their mobile number and append it with @smsprovider.co.uk, e.g. 123456789@smsprovider.co.uk. I was hoping to do this using the Display Expression options within field settings.

An e-mail would then be sent to 123456789@smsprovider.co.uk, and the SMS provider in turn sends an SMS message to 123456789 with their username and generated password.

Can you clarify what I'd need to enter into Display Expression to do this?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Custom field - self enrolment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2013 01:46 PM

We already have this functionality built in.

Add a new SMS Gateway for SMS over SMTP:

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 10.26.46 AM.png

Under Mobile Carriers, enable the carriers that you want to support (CPG->Administration->SMS Services->Mobile Carriers).

Edit you Guest Self-Registration Form:

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 10.29.28 AM.png

Click on visitor_phone, and then click Insert After. Choose visitor_carrier from the drop-down list. Under Form Validation Properties, check the box for Field value must be supplied:

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 10.37.46 AM.png

Click Save.

Go to the Advanced editor at the bottom of modifying your guest self registration page (so image above). Scroll down to SMS Delivery options. Choose Always auto-send guest receipts by SMS, Service Provider: SMS over SMTP. Save.

Over in ClearPass Policy Manager, go to Administration->External Servers->Messaging Setup. Add in your SMTP settings here.

That should be it. Now, as long as your guest choose the appropriate carrier when registering, they should receive their credentials via SMS.

One other thing I would recommend is that you hide the password from the online receipt and disable auto-login (just add a link back to the login page in your receipt page footer, disable download receipt, and disable the login button on the Receipt Page form). That way you make sure they are giving you the correct mobile information before they can get online.

• 6.  RE: Custom field - self enrolment

Posted Nov 11, 2013 08:35 AM

Excellent, thanks zjennings. Once last question hopefully: is it possible to send these SMS via smtp messages with a subject? Our SMS provider uses the suject field as validation.

Thanks