Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 16, 2016 01:41 PM

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with configuring custom images on Galleria skin with CPPM 6.5.5.

I've uploaded 3 custom images using content manager in Guest, and put them in a new directory under public files.

I've then modified the rotating image paths using plugin manager on the Galleria skin with the new image paths.

It works great....but *only* when the captive portal page is loaded via IP address, *and* from the publisher node. Loading the Captive Portal page via the FQDN on the network just shows an orange background.

I have a 2 node cluster, and 2 VIPs, 1 owned by each node. My addressing config is as follows:

.91 - IP of management interface on publisher node. Captive portal page loads and displays custom images fine on this

.92 - IP of management interface on subscriber node. Captive portal page loads but displays orange background (no custom images).

.93 - VIP owned by publisher node. For management to log in to whatever node is currently publisher. Captive portal page loads and properly displays custom images.

.90 - VIP owned by subscriber node. All NADs are configured to send authentication requests to this node. Captive portal page loads but does not display custom images.

We only have IP addresses configured on the management ports in this deployment.

The issue is isolated to the publisher node only, and when attempting to load the image directly via IP address from the subscriber node, *or* as mentioned above via the CPPM FQDN, I receive a 404. The element inspector in Safari shows the same error. The results are the same using either HTTP or HTTPS.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround or did I miss a step or configure something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Tim

• 2.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 16, 2016 11:02 PM

Can you share the contents of your "Background Image Settings" content under the skin in Plug-in Manager?

• 3.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 16, 2016 11:08 PM

{literal}
    <script src="external/galleria/js/jquery.backstretch.min.js"></script>
    <script>
    // An Aruba "Skins Team" Production
    // Photo credits: Stephen Choate + Phillip Hernandez + Michael Landry
    // Special thanks: Josh, Garth, and Dave
    // Comments/questions/beers to: dl-amigopod-skins@arubanetworks.com
    $.backstretch([
    "public/rbccc/rbccc1.jpg",
    "public/rbccc/rbccc2.jpg",
    "public/rbccc/rbccc3.jpg"
    ], {duration: 3000, fade: 750});
    </script>
    {/literal}

All pretty standard, except for the custom images.

• 4.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:51 AM

If you go in to Content Manager, locate one of your files and then click on "View Content" to see if the path is valid?

If that works, you should open a TAC case, because we would be left guessing the 10 reasons why it does not work, and it could be sizeable.

• 5.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:04 AM

Your image settings look fine.  Colin is right, there could be a number of reasons at this point.     Please open a TAC case and share your resolution with the community.

• 6.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:05 AM

Will do. Thanks.

• 7.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:51 AM

You could try the below: 

{literal}
    <script src="external/galleria/js/jquery.backstretch.min.js"></script>
    <script>
    // An Aruba "Skins Team" Production
    // Photo credits: Stephen Choate + Phillip Hernandez + Michael Landry
    // Special thanks: Josh, Garth, and Dave
    // Comments/questions/beers to: dl-amigopod-skins@arubanetworks.com
    $.backstretch([
    "/guest/public/rbccc/rbccc1.jpg",
    "/guest/public/rbccc/rbccc2.jpg",
    "/guest/public/rbccc/rbccc3.jpg"
    ], {duration: 3000, fade: 750});
    </script>
    {/literal}

I believe rbccc is the folder created under content manager - public folder. 

• 8.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:55 AM

Thanks Arun, I had tried that.

Inserting guest into the path produces a 404 on every address that I attempt to load the page. It looks like the guest directory is included in the path already from the web server service, and so the full URL will have two instances of the guest path (ie. http://ip/guest/guest/public/rbccc/rbccc1.jpg)

I'll contact TAC when I have some time later today.

• 9.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only

Posted Mar 17, 2016 10:06 AM

Thank you Tim, in 6.5 relase 'guest' should not be ammeded, yet if it ammends you could remove the guest part and start the URL with shash public  '/public'.

Inspect element shoudl give us the exact URL ammeded to 

• 10.  RE: Custom images served by CPPM publisher IP only
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2016 02:01 PM

Well I kinda feel a bit like a dummy!

Before taking it to TAC I just blew out the images and re-uploaded them. Initially they had different filenames and I also moved them into another directory. I guess they didn't synchronize across the nodes properly. I removed the directory and recreated it, then re-uploaded all the images with the intended filenames and now the captive portal page is consistent across all nodes.

Appreciate all the helpful responses guys.