Security

Occasional Contributor II

Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Hello,

We had a consultant install a couple Aruba controllers and a Clearpass appliance.  Everything is working well so far.  We have a network that guests can attach to that produces a captive portal page.  However, the captive portal elements don't align with the portal editor section in Administration>Agents and Portals>Guest portal. 

The portal that appears seems to be located at https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin.......etc. 

How can I edit that page to put our school logo and link to our acceptible use policy?

Thank you in advance,

-Ian

Guru Elite

Re: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Most likely your guest page is not hosted at Administration>Agents and Portals>Guest portal.  It is being deprecated.

Please download the ArubaOS 6.1 userguide and look at Chapter 15, under "Customizing the Captive Portal".

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you for the feedback.  We're running code 5.2 on the CPPM.  I'll check out that documentation.

-Ian

Guru Elite

What WLAN platform are you running?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We have a couple of Aruba 3600 controllers in a Master-Local setup.  I'm not sure if that's what you're asking me for though.  I'm still really new to this environment.

Thanks again.

Guru Elite

Just making sure you had Aruba for your WLAN.

You might be able to find your Captive Portal Configurationon the Aruba controller under Configuration> Management> Captive Portal

Colin Joseph

I did see that, but any change I make doesn't seem to reflect what users see.  I'll probably have to open up a support ticket.  Thanks for the assistance.

Guru Elite

See if you can change the profile drop down to something besides default.

Colin Joseph

Aruba

Are you trying to use the Captive Portal page on the controller or CPPM?   It sounds like you are trying to get them to use the CPPM one; but what is they are seeing?   Check the URL defined for the Login Page in the captive portal authentication profile on the controller for this user.

Configuration --> Authentication --> L3 Authentication --> Captive Portal Authentication Profile --> Your Profile Name

Login Page = ????????    Does it say /auth/index.html or does it point to your CPPM box?

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: