Security

Frequent Contributor I

Default Session Timeout Option

Aruba ClearPass Guest OS release 3.9, Guest users that go inactive within 5 mins have to relogin.  where can I extend?

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Default Session Timeout Option

Guru Elite

RR8 wrote:

Aruba ClearPass Guest OS release 3.9, Guest users that go inactive within 5 mins have to relogin.  where can I extend?

Do a search for "caching" in the help and you will come across a topic "Configuring MAC Caching During User Authentication"

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

found document and navigated to the specific area and do not have the 'MAC Cache' option available.  Is it a particular attribute that I need to add?

Frequent Contributor I

Shouldn't be an attribute.  Should be a check box near the bottom of your Radius User Role on Clearpass, called MAC Cache.  Should just need to check the box.   Attached a screen shot.

Frequent Contributor I

dont have that option available for any user role profile.. see attached

Guru Elite

What version of Amigopod do you have?  You might have to check for updates..

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

If you don't have that option, you might look through this thread.  This really helped me when I had timeout issues and there are some tips here for dealing with Laptops going to sleep even:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Captive-portal-timeout-issues/td-p/20554

Also make sure you actually are running 3.9.  The version from my screenshot is fully patched as of 8am this morning.

Frequent Contributor I

No updates required
Cleaning up OS update state:
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
0 metadata files removed
0 sqlite files removed
0 metadata files removed

Checking for available updates:
Determining fastest mirrors

amigopod-base.x86_64              3.9.4-2                               amigopod

Guru Elite

Please open a support case to ensure the integrity of your plugins.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: