Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Sep 13, 2016 11:25 AM

Hello I use Dell ClearPass QuickConnect to connect to the corporate BYOD WiFi and the app does not work with Android 7.0. I was wondering if maybe there was a beta version of the app that will work or if there is something that needs updated on the server side that is out of my control that I will have to wait for IT to update to be able to onboard a 7.0 device. 

The problem is with installing the network profile. When it comes to this point I just get an error "There was an error in configuring your device". I can see in our self service portal that a certificate was created for my device but it is not installed on my phone which prevents me from connecting. 

• 2.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 11:31 AM
    You should definitely contact your IT department.

• 3.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Oct 27, 2016 03:51 AM

I have the same issue. Actually i get downloaded quick1x.networkconfig file downloaded on the phone but QuickConnect does not launch it, so as configuration can not finish.

Any idea or workaround?

• 4.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2016 05:41 AM

You should contact your IT department or administrator.  If you are the administrator you should contact Aruba TAC.  The #1 reason for that message is that you are not using the default built-in browser foryour mobile device, but the problem could be something else, and TAC would have to look at that.

• 5.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Jan 12, 2017 07:46 PM

Even if it is opened with Aruba Clearpass it will still be in error, it is an issue with Nougat.

• 6.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Jan 29, 2017 08:10 PM
      |   view attached

Having the same issue here using Nexus5X running Android 7.1.1 

I have attached part of the log generated from the quickconnect app showing the failure. Looks like it has something to do with how certificates are managed in Nougat.

[ 01-30 11:43:08.378 10753:10753 E/Quick1X ]
    Quick1XConfigurator: Exception in configuring network
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: trusted certificate entries are not password-protected

Attachment(s)

txt
    qclog.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2017 08:12 PM
    Engineering is looking into this. Please open a TAC case in parallel.

• 8.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:47 AM

Is there a new QuickConnect release that support Android 7.0 Nougat?

• 9.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 12:08 PM
    The current version of Aruba ClearPass QuickConnect in Google Play supports Nougat.

• 10.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:59 AM

Thank you everyone, I will test the Android 7.0 on this version. 

• 11.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 12:19 PM

Did you try download our latest Quick Connect from Andriod play store and check the status

• 12.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 08:03 AM

The Dell version of QuickConnect has been updated in the Google Play store to match the Aruba functionality.

• 13.  RE: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2017 10:27 PM

Raised a case with support and was advised that this is a bug #37562 and should (hopefully) be addressed in the next release of the quickconnect app.

One possible workaround that was suggested (which I am not in a position to try/test) is to:

"change the key type as “created by device” if it exist as “created by server”. This is to test if this option works like a workaround for now as it was working in some test conditions."

It does seem like the bug # 37562. As of now we do not have a resolution or workaround for this issue. Our engineering team is still working on this with the highest priority as it has affected enormous number of customers. I will ensure that you receive an update on this once there is an update from engineering end “