Security

New Contributor

Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

Hello I use Dell ClearPass QuickConnect to connect to the corporate BYOD WiFi and the app does not work with Android 7.0. I was wondering if maybe there was a beta version of the app that will work or if there is something that needs updated on the server side that is out of my control that I will have to wait for IT to update to be able to onboard a 7.0 device. 

The problem is with installing the network profile. When it comes to this point I just get an error "There was an error in configuring your device". I can see in our self service portal that a certificate was created for my device but it is not installed on my phone which prevents me from connecting. 

Guru Elite

Re: Dell ClearPass QuickConnect Android N 7.0 Won't Install Network Profile

You should definitely contact your IT department.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MOA
Occasional Contributor II

I have the same issue. Actually i get downloaded quick1x.networkconfig file downloaded on the phone but QuickConnect does not launch it, so as configuration can not finish.

Any idea or workaround?

Guru Elite

You should contact your IT department or administrator.  If you are the administrator you should contact Aruba TAC.  The #1 reason for that message is that you are not using the default built-in browser foryour mobile device, but the problem could be something else, and TAC would have to look at that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Even if it is opened with Aruba Clearpass it will still be in error, it is an issue with Nougat.

New Contributor

Having the same issue here using Nexus5X running Android 7.1.1 

I have attached part of the log generated from the quickconnect app showing the failure. Looks like it has something to do with how certificates are managed in Nougat.

[ 01-30 11:43:08.378 10753:10753 E/Quick1X ]
Quick1XConfigurator: Exception in configuring network
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: trusted certificate entries are not password-protected

Guru Elite

Engineering is looking into this. Please open a TAC case in parallel.

New Contributor

Raised a case with support and was advised that this is a bug #37562 and should (hopefully) be addressed in the next release of the quickconnect app.

One possible workaround that was suggested (which I am not in a position to try/test) is to:

"change the key type as “created by device” if it exist as “created by server”. This is to test if this option works like a workaround for now as it was working in some test conditions."

It does seem like the bug # 37562. As of now we do not have a resolution or workaround for this issue. Our engineering team is still working on this with the highest priority as it has affected enormous number of customers. I will ensure that you receive an update on this once there is an update from engineering end “

Contributor II

Is there a new QuickConnect release that support Android 7.0 Nougat?

Guru Elite

The current version of Aruba ClearPass QuickConnect in Google Play supports Nougat.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: