Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Different radius group by AP group

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 13, 2013 09:57 AM

I am running ArubaOS 6.1.3.6 on M3 modules (6000 series controller) in different geographic locations setup in a master/local configuration.  All locations use the same VAPs, but different AP Groups.  We currently use the same radius server group for the VAPs across all geo locations.  However, we want to add a radius server at one location and have the APs in that AP group use that local radius as the primary radius server and a radius server in the original location as the backup radius server.  Is there a way to do this with the same VAPs in different locations?

• 2.  RE: Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 13, 2013 10:06 AM

You'll need to create different VAPs with different AAA profiles to reflect the different radius servers. 

• 3.  RE: Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 13, 2013 11:04 AM

I believe I know the answer to this but can the different VAPs have the same SSID name?

• 4.  RE: Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 13, 2013 04:22 PM

Yes you can do that; in fact most of my installs have one SSID Profile for each network; then x number of AAA and VAPs; depending on their authentication requirements.

You cannot have two of the same SSIDs in the same AP Group however.    

• 5.  RE: Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 16, 2013 02:38 PM

Thanks all!  I added another VAP with the same ESSID but with a different AAA group and it worked.

• 6.  RE: Different radius group by AP group
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 13, 2013 12:20 PM
    Hello.
    You can have more VAPs with same ESSID profile and more AAA profiles.
    Eg.
    VAP1=ESSID+AAA1
    VAP2=ESSID+AAA2
    ESSID profile can be same.

Jaroslav

• 7.  RE: Different radius group by AP group

Posted Aug 13, 2013 03:39 PM

Great!  I will give it a try.