Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Display vcname

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Display vcname

Posted Apr 15, 2013 10:51 AM

Hi,

I would like to display the name of the VC on my guest self-registration login page. So I use $vcname, it works but only the first time I access the page. If I navigate to an other page and go back, the name is no more displayed.

Any idea how to keep it ? Perhaps to pass it in an other variable that stays active ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: Display vcname

Posted Apr 17, 2013 04:40 AM
    Hi Dimitri

You posted about this before, right?
    I think a solution would be to pass this in the url you have on your landing page. How does the url look like? Or - is this after you've submitted a form?

Another way would be to have multiple landingpages with different names so you just have different urls that your vc redirect to..

• 3.  RE: Display vcname

Posted Apr 17, 2013 04:53 AM

Hi,

Yes, allready posted, I have moved a bit forward but I stil have the problem that the variable $vcname is only diplayed the first landing on the page.

I don't want to have multiple landing pages, too hard to maintain.

I think the best way will be to keep the vcname in a variable perhpas in the cookie or session but I haven't found how to do it.

Regards

Dimitri

• 4.  RE: Display vcname
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2013 09:08 AM

Wll Dimitri.

How do a user navigate from one page to the next? Is that through URL's or form submits?

The parameter vcname comes in the redirect URL from the InstantAP - so you can use that directly like:

{$vname}. If you want to use the SSID - I believe you can use {$site_ssid}.

Now - first how to solve the URL click to navigate part.

In the footer I placed this code to create a link that also takes with it the parameters in the URL:

<p><a href="urltest.php?{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING}">Next page</a>
    </p>

Now - if you navigate by submitting a form I would assume you can add a field that is populated by the value in the $vcname variable.

You could also check if the variable is saved in any other variable. Add this code to the footer of the subpage to see what parameters are there:

{dump var=$params export=html}

• 5.  RE: Display vcname

Posted Apr 18, 2013 09:19 AM

Thanks, it's working fine with adding ?{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING} to my urls.

Perfect solution :)

Thanks again.

Dimitri