Security

Regular Contributor I

Display vcname

Hi,

I would like to display the name of the VC on my guest self-registration login page. So I use $vcname, it works but only the first time I access the page. If I navigate to an other page and go back, the name is no more displayed.

Any idea how to keep it ? Perhaps to pass it in an other variable that stays active ?

Thanks

Dimitri

MVP

Re: Display vcname

Hi Dimitri

You posted about this before, right?
I think a solution would be to pass this in the url you have on your landing page. How does the url look like? Or - is this after you've submitted a form?

Another way would be to have multiple landingpages with different names so you just have different urls that your vc redirect to..

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Regular Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, allready posted, I have moved a bit forward but I stil have the problem that the variable $vcname is only diplayed the first landing on the page.

I don't want to have multiple landing pages, too hard to maintain.

I think the best way will be to keep the vcname in a variable perhpas in the cookie or session but I haven't found how to do it.

Regards

Dimitri

MVP

Wll Dimitri.

How do a user navigate from one page to the next? Is that through URL's or form submits?

The parameter vcname comes in the redirect URL from the InstantAP - so you can use that directly like:

{$vname}. If you want to use the SSID - I believe you can use {$site_ssid}.

Now - first how to solve the URL click to navigate part.

In the footer I placed this code to create a link that also takes with it the parameters in the URL:

<p><a href="urltest.php?{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING}">Next page</a>
</p>

Now - if you navigate by submitting a form I would assume you can add a field that is populated by the value in the $vcname variable.

You could also check if the variable is saved in any other variable. Add this code to the footer of the subpage to see what parameters are there:

{dump var=$params export=html}

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Regular Contributor I

Thanks, it's working fine with adding ?{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING} to my urls.

Perfect solution :)

Thanks again.

Dimitri

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: