Security

Regular Contributor I

Displaying name of the AP

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the name of the AP and display it on the login form ? It seems that the AP name is not available in the
captive portal redirect URL (I only see the reached website when I am on the login page) so using $ap_name is not working.

Any idea to do this ?

Thanks

MVP

Re: Displaying name of the AP

[ Edited ]

I read this in the ArubaOS 6.2.0.2 release notes, might be what you need?

Captive Portal Enhancements
This release of ArubaOS introduces the following captive portal enhancements in tunnel and split-tunnel
forwarding modes.
 When a client using captive portal authentication gets redirected to the captive portal server, the
controller will send information about the AP group and name of the AP to which the client is trying to
connect in the redirect URL. If the AP name is not configured, the redirect URL will contain the AP MAC
address.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Regular Contributor I

Thanks but using the self-registration portal in CP Guest, I think it doesn't apply to me.

Guru Elite

Boxcar,

If you are using controller-based access points, it will send that information.  If you are using IAP, we have to check to make sure the ap-name as a redirect in the URL is supported.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

cjoseph, I am using IAP.

To be a bit more clear, I would like to display on the CP login form a text like this : Welcome to "IAP name" network. The "IAP name" must change according to the to the network where the user is connected. I don't want to make it by hand because there will be many IAP in the future.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Boxcar wrote:

cjoseph, I am using IAP.

To be a bit more clear, I would like to display on the CP login form a text like this : Welcome to "IAP name" network. The "IAP name" must change according to the to the network where the user is connected. I don't want to make it by hand because there will be many IAP in the future.

Boxcar,

I think I understand you.   I am checking to make sure that an IAP sends that information you can use to display that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Thanks.

MVP

Hi again!

As far as my testing showed - the IAP sends the mac address in the apname, but you can use the parameter vcname which has the name of the virtual controller.

Cjoseph might have some more details there.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Regular Contributor I

Thanks for the test. How can I retrieve the parameter vcname to use it in the template ?

MVP

Welcome to {$vcname}.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP-
Intelecom - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: