Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know what the differency is between Authentication InnerMethod and OuterMethod?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Does anyone know what the differency is between Authentication InnerMethod and OuterMethod?

Posted Sep 18, 2015 05:00 PM

In CPPM, I used AD credentials for 802.1X authentication. I noticed my 'Authentication: InnerMethod' is EAP-MSCHAP2 and my 'Authentication: OutterMethod' is EAP-PEAP. What does this mean?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Does anyone know what the differency is between Authentication InnerMethod and OuterMethod?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 05:01 PM
    Outer method can be an anonymous identity outside the tunnel and inner is the real identity that gets check against the authentication server. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Does anyone know what the differency is between Authentication InnerMethod and OuterMethod?

Posted Sep 18, 2015 05:08 PM

Thank you for your reply!

Do you know any document explaining this with details?

• 4.  RE: Does anyone know what the differency is between Authentication InnerMethod and OuterMethod?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 05:10 PM
    It's part of the EAP RFCs. You'll find plenty of information there. 

Thanks, 
    Tim