Security

Super Contributor I

Does clearpass support odbc connection pooling

Hi,

I've set up an authentication source that makes use of the Unix ODBC driver to talk to an MSSQL database. (Clearpass 6.5). Does the driver support database connection pooling or is it connect ->execute SQL->disconnect ? Would make sense to have connection pooling

All I've found is a max db connections ( service parameters/clearpass system services/database configurations/maximum connections) setting  ( range 300 - 2000 with no default value)

BTW how can this not have a default value?

Rgds

Alex

Re: Does clearpass support odbc connection pooling

Alex,

Q1 - I'll have to check to check to get a 100% answer on the cx-polling, but I think we do maintain the connection, but there is an idle timer, need to check.

Q2 - this is dependent on the h/w - v/s in use.... however it should be populated.

These are the defaults.....

500 = 400cx

5k = 700cx

25k = 1000cx

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Super Contributor I

Re: Does clearpass support odbc connection pooling

o.k.

on my dev clearpass server which is running a clean install of 6.5 there is a default value.

On my productioncluster which started life as a 6.4.0 and has had every patch kit applied to it ( currently its 6.4.5) then none of the servers seemed to have either a defaut value indicated for the no if db connections or a value actually set.

I'll see if anything breaks when I upgrade to 6.5 :-))

Rgds

Alex

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: