Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Easy radius server

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Easy radius server

Posted Feb 07, 2013 08:57 AM

Hi all,

anyone can confirm me if i need to buy microsoft cal if instead of M$ Nap i use:

Microsoft Domain Server + Sinology Server (configured in domain) + Radius package on Sinology server

(totally i will pay 1 cal license that is included in win 2008 std edition

• 2.  RE: Easy radius server

Posted Feb 07, 2013 09:21 AM

1 CAL allows 1 client to use the services of the Server.

There are two types of CALs to be purchased

User CAL which allows one User to use the services of the server with all his devices.

Device CAL which allows one device to use the services of the server, no matter who or how many users who use the device.

One example of this would be a kiosk machine or similar which can be used by anyone who walks by.

So this might be a question on how you define who accesses the server, but as I see it, the Sinology server is using the services of the Microsoft Server and the users is using the services of the Synology server, which means you would need one device CAL to legaly use the services of the windows server in this setup.

-Nesvik