Security

Occasional Contributor II

End Point Profiling report???

I am trying to get detailed data about end point profiles. The current tools are not customizable. For example, if I want to see all devices by device family, I cannot add this column. Only searching by it. 

It could have been helpful to generate reports about end points, but I cannot find any in  Insight 6.5. All the reports in Insight 6.6 are about authentication and Authorization. 

Seems like the only viable way to get real, detailed data is SQL queries to the DB. 

Here is a specific example: is there a way to find devices baes on the MAC vendor, other them querying the Endpoint DB?  This attribute is not available in the custom attribute list, and there is no report about endpoints. 

Guru Elite

Re: End Point Profiling report???

Device family is a column by default for the Endpoint Overview report.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 8.51.39 AM.png

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Hi Tim

Thank you for the response. Though I am not sure that helps. My point is that Insight does not have endpoint reports to begin with. It has endpoint auth reports. I need to see all the endpoints which were discovered by the profiler. 

Maybe I am missing something and there is extra action to do, so end points will be consifered as been through authentication. 

Sagi

Guru Elite

The “Endpoint Overview” report should provide this.

wel, it does not for me. There are thre types of sub reports - Endpoint Auth, Guest and Radius. When you use the profiler only, none of the devices have been through any of these events, so each one of these reports gives 0 results. 

Where can I find the "Endpoint Overview" report? 

All I can find are reports about devices which have been authenticated. When I do profiling only, there are no authentications. 

1.JPG

Guru Elite

Which version of ClearPass are you running?

Guru Elite

You are running a very old release. Please upgrade to the latest release (6.6.7) and you’ll find the report you’re looking for.

Thank you. I see is the Aruba sw download page that 6.6.0.81015 is still the official version. 

It also shows that 6.6.7 is a " Hotfix Patch for SMBv2/v3 Support and invalid EAP-TLS certificate exchange". Does it contain other things other then what the release notes says?  is that what I need to use for the upgrade?

1.JPG

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: