Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Error sending SMS message over SMTP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Error sending SMS message over SMTP

Posted Sep 13, 2012 04:54 PM
      |   view attached

NO Carrier specified.  Do I need to add it to the send SMS form/field?  it works when I send a test when creating the SMS gateway.

• 2.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2012 05:23 PM

For every user that is created that you want to use SMS over SMTP you need to ensure that the form that creates the user (guest self-registration, for example) has the visitor_carrier attribute, so the SMS over SMTP service knows which carrier format is used to send the SMS..

• 3.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

Posted Sep 14, 2012 09:48 AM
      |   view attached

I already have it on the "Create Guest Account" page.  I chose the correct carrier from the drop down.

• 4.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2012 10:42 AM

Can you confirm you are on the most recent 3.9 release?  There were some updates in one of the updates related to SMS over SMTP.

• 5.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

Posted Sep 21, 2012 10:47 AM

I am on version 'Aruba ClearPass Guest OS release 3.9'

• 6.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2012 10:58 AM

Yes, but that does not show the point release.  Does running Administrator > Plugin Manager > Update Plugins come up clean?

• 7.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

Posted Sep 21, 2012 11:01 AM

New Plugins: 0 There are no new plugins available for installation at this time.

• 8.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2012 11:06 AM

I woulod open a ticket with support.  Looks like a bug.  You confirmed when you edit the user the carrier is saved?  I see it is in your create form, but you do want to make sure that it took. 

• 9.  RE: Error sending SMS message over SMTP

Posted Sep 21, 2012 11:08 AM

ok thanks!