Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

External captive portal page - Text

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  External captive portal page - Text

Posted May 22, 2014 08:01 AM

When using the external captive portal page with the text option for authentication, what is the text string that is passed back by Clearpass for a successful account creation.

Also if i were to setup an external web page on a regular web server where would i have to insert the string in the page passed back to the client, will anywhere do?

• 2.  RE: External captive portal page - Text

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2014 08:04 AM

Is this for a controller or IAP?

• 3.  RE: External captive portal page - Text

Posted May 22, 2014 08:31 AM

This question about the text is specifically for the Instant with external captive portal option. However I'm also interested in knowing exactly what is the trigger mechanism to initiate a RADIUS authentication when the guest signs up on CPPM, receives a password and then clisck the "login" button.

• 4.  RE: External captive portal page - Text

Posted May 23, 2014 04:36 AM

Anybody from Aruba able to help as we need this info for upcoming designs for customer proposals/sales.

• 5.  RE: External captive portal page - Text

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2014 06:09 AM

MattF,

You are asking two questions

1.  Basic IAP external captive portal code for authentication is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/IAP-external-captive-portal-HTML-code/m-p/118605/highlight/true#M3205

2.  For the ClearPass mechanism, you need to setup a ClearPass page that works and click on "View Source" in the browser to see what it is doing, specifically.  The "login" is a more complex version of the bare-bones html in #1.  Maybe someone on the forum can elaborate on the process involved in detail, but we probably have to understand a specific situation that you want explained.