Security

Super Contributor II

External captive portal page - Text

When using the external captive portal page with the text option for authentication, what is the text string that is passed back by Clearpass for a successful account creation.

Also if i were to setup an external web page on a regular web server where would i have to insert the string in the page passed back to the client, will anywhere do?

Guru Elite

Re: External captive portal page - Text

Is this for a controller or IAP?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

This question about the text is specifically for the Instant with external captive portal option. However I'm also interested in knowing exactly what is the trigger mechanism to initiate a RADIUS authentication when the guest signs up on CPPM, receives a password and then clisck the "login" button.

Super Contributor II

Anybody from Aruba able to help as we need this info for upcoming designs for customer proposals/sales.

Guru Elite

MattF,

You are asking two questions

1.  Basic IAP external captive portal code for authentication is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/IAP-external-captive-portal-HTML-code/m-p/118605/highlight/true#M3205

2.  For the ClearPass mechanism, you need to setup a ClearPass page that works and click on "View Source" in the browser to see what it is doing, specifically.  The "login" is a more complex version of the bare-bones html in #1.  Maybe someone on the forum can elaborate on the process involved in detail, but we probably have to understand a specific situation that you want explained.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: