Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Facebook WiFi on IAP - how do I get "sign-in required" pop-up?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Facebook WiFi on IAP - how do I get "sign-in required" pop-up?

Posted Nov 12, 2015 02:11 PM

Hey guys, I'm testing the Facebook Wifi on a couple of IAPs (215, 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.10) and managed to get the login working. The only issue is that when I connect to the Wifi on my Android phone, there is no "sign-in required" pop-up. I only get redirected when I open a browser.

Is there something I need to do to get this pop-up through? I vaguely recall having to allow some site through to get this working on an Iphone.

Thanks in advance,

RK

• 2.  RE: Facebook WiFi on IAP - how do I get "sign-in required" pop-up?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2015 09:00 AM

I actually just did a lab on this myself and had the same experience. The reason for me is that I followed a guide and added most common social FQDN's to the whitelist, one of them being google.com. Android devices think it has internet access as long as it can reach that domain (or more specific clients3.google.com).

If you have not added google.com to your whitelist then it might be something else...

• 3.  RE: Facebook WiFi on IAP - how do I get "sign-in required" pop-up?

Posted Nov 17, 2015 11:42 AM

Hey John,

Sorry, I'm a little confused. So your lab was not working because you had google.com on the whitelist and then it worked after you removed it?

I had nothing on the whitelist except for apple.com...

Thanks,

RK

• 4.  RE: Facebook WiFi on IAP - how do I get "sign-in required" pop-up?

Posted Nov 17, 2015 12:22 PM

Ah! got it to work. I blacklisted the clients3.google.com for walled garden and now when you connect to the SSID you get automatically redirected without having to open the browser.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Sincerely,

RK