Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Figuring out license count?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Figuring out license count?

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:27 AM

Is there an easy way to figure out how many of which licenses are being used on average?

We currently have no idea whether the customer is using 1% or 99% of his licenses.

• 2.  RE: Figuring out license count?

Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:47 AM

If you look on the page "Configuration > Network > Controller > License Management" and scroll down, you will find a section listing the current limits and usage and even a section listing remaining Capacity :)

2013-08-26 15_45_46-Switch General Configuration.png

• 3.  RE: Figuring out license count?

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:49 AM

I should have been a bit clearer..

I'm trying to figure out the license usage on a Clearpass server :)

• 4.  RE: Figuring out license count?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:50 AM

Are you talking about ClearPass or the controllers? In ClearPass, you can see the in-use license count, but there doesn't appear to be a way to see trending over time.

That may be a good feature request as an option in Trending & Analysis.

• 5.  RE: Figuring out license count?

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 10:14 AM

Clearpass indeed.  

£I know about the license count from the licensing screen itself but I figured that was active at this very moment.

Since licensing counts per day thats fairly useless.

But thanks for confirming there's no way to see the usage over time.. I'll go bug some Aruba folk.

Also posted 'an idea' on the supoort website. Please go vote here if you too feel this is lacking currently.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LDuD