Security

Frequent Contributor I

Forbid company owned devices to connect to neighbor SSID

Is there a way to forbid company owned devices (currently Windows/Domain, iOS and OSX) from connecting to a specific neighboring SSID? The location with this issue is a 9-12 High School with a college campus in the same building. Our network is filtered to the internet while the college's isn't with an open SSID which gives them access to material that they shouldn't while they are in our care.

We understand that we can't do anything about BYOD in this case, but we have try to limit options on our devices.

Would SSID containement work in this scenario?

Guru Elite

Re: Forbid company owned devices to connect to neighbor SSID

You would use "Protect Valid Stations" in the IDS profile:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/show_ids_unauthorized_de.htm

This requires the RF protect license.  It basically does not allow anyone who has successfully used encryption on your network to connect to a neighboring network.

And explanation of how it works is here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1408

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

You could also block the networks via group policy / profile manager.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

Cappalli,

Is there a plugin for IOS and Mac OSX devices that allows that to with with them, too?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

I believe you can do it with profile manager (free from Apple)

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: