Security

Aruba

Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

I think I remember seeing this demo with Amigopod.   Is this capability still available in ClearPass Guest (6.2)?  If so, is there any documentation available?  I don't see reference to this configuration anywhere.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

I have not used the built in video capability, but from the top of my head:

How about using a library like http://www.videojs.com/ .

The videojs-library can fire an event when the video is done playing ( Like displaying the login form ) :)

Have not tried this myself but if it works, you could even add this functionality to the Internal Captive Portal by using this library :)

Edit:

Just tested this and it works!

Of course this library depends on the html5 <video> tag so your compatibility list would probably be something like:

Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari.

You can of course create a fallback so that the users with non-compatible browsers will get to the login form anyways

-----------------------------------
-ACMX #352-
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Aruba

Great Find!!!!

Can you post the script or a quick how-to that you used here so others can also take advantage of this option?

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Frequent Contributor II

I made a post on the Guest Access Board with a HOW TO for the above mentioned technique :)

You can check it out here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Guest-Access/HOW-TO-Force-visitor-to-watch-video-before-login-with-Internal/td-p/94478

-----------------------------------
-ACMX #352-
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Aruba

Thank you.   Can anyone from Aruba confirm whether or not this can be done natively in CPPM/CPG or do is Nesvik's script the way to go?

Either way, thanks for sharing Nesvik.

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Aruba

In Guest it was always done by using custom scripts just like the example that Nexvik posted. Most of the customers we using the redirect to a video after a customer logs in. 

screenshot_01 Aug. 26 23.00.gif

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

clembo wrote:

Thank you.   Can anyone from Aruba confirm whether or not this can be done natively in CPPM/CPG or do is Nesvik's script the way to go?

Either way, thanks for sharing Nesvik.

Embedding a Youtube video was a feature of the Advertising module in Amigopod that was not included in the ClearPass product.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

Rumors of the advertising module's death have been greatly exaggerated.  Expect to see this functionality return in a future version of ClearPass.

Aruba

OK, I assumed it was part of the product itself, but I guess that is not the case.   So if a customer wants to do this today, it will need to be done through something like Nesvik's suggestion?     But, perhaps with a return of the advertising functionality, it may someday be more integrated?

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: