Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 23, 2013 08:14 AM

I think I remember seeing this demo with Amigopod.   Is this capability still available in ClearPass Guest (6.2)?  If so, is there any documentation available?  I don't see reference to this configuration anywhere.

• 2.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 23, 2013 09:00 AM

I have not used the built in video capability, but from the top of my head:

How about using a library like http://www.videojs.com/ .

The videojs-library can fire an event when the video is done playing ( Like displaying the login form ) :)

Have not tried this myself but if it works, you could even add this functionality to the Internal Captive Portal by using this library :)

Edit:

Just tested this and it works!

Of course this library depends on the html5 <video> tag so your compatibility list would probably be something like:

Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari.

You can of course create a fallback so that the users with non-compatible browsers will get to the login form anyways

• 3.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 12:58 AM

Great Find!!!!

Can you post the script or a quick how-to that you used here so others can also take advantage of this option?

• 4.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 26, 2013 04:42 AM

I made a post on the Guest Access Board with a HOW TO for the above mentioned technique :)

You can check it out here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Guest-Access/HOW-TO-Force-visitor-to-watch-video-before-login-with-Internal/td-p/94478

• 5.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 26, 2013 07:52 AM

Thank you.   Can anyone from Aruba confirm whether or not this can be done natively in CPPM/CPG or do is Nesvik's script the way to go?

Either way, thanks for sharing Nesvik.

• 6.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2013 12:07 AM

In Guest it was always done by using custom scripts just like the example that Nexvik posted. Most of the customers we using the redirect to a video after a customer logs in. 

screenshot_01 Aug. 26 23.00.gif

• 7.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2013 12:18 AM

@clembo wrote:

Thank you.   Can anyone from Aruba confirm whether or not this can be done natively in CPPM/CPG or do is Nesvik's script the way to go?

Either way, thanks for sharing Nesvik.

Embedding a Youtube video was a feature of the Advertising module in Amigopod that was not included in the ClearPass product.

• 8.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 29, 2013 12:52 AM

Rumors of the advertising module's death have been greatly exaggerated.  Expect to see this functionality return in a future version of ClearPass.

• 9.  RE: Forcing Guests to Watch Short Video Clip

Posted Aug 30, 2013 07:28 AM

OK, I assumed it was part of the product itself, but I guess that is not the case.   So if a customer wants to do this today, it will need to be done through something like Nesvik's suggestion?     But, perhaps with a return of the advertising functionality, it may someday be more integrated?