Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Access cannot connect

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:52 AM

Hi,

just a quick question, which configuration i might miss in the guest access causes when a user do login in the portal but no request appear on the access tracker?

Ricky

• 2.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:55 AM
    Check the settings on the controller. Make sure the CPPM is the auth source in the Security > Authentication > Profiles

• 3.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:01 AM

i dont see authentication source there. what i do is assign the Captive portal profile to the initial role with CP Guest url in the login page.

Ricky

• 4.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:07 AM
      |   view attached

• 5.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:25 AM

Hi Troy,

still doesnt work. isnt that for mac auth?

Ricky.

• 6.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:29 AM
    Yes. Guest uses Mac auth. The guest page will submit the auth to the controller and the the controller will submit the request to CPPM.

• 7.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:41 AM

it still doesnt work. it can authenticate wether the username/password was right or wrong though. when i input wrong credential, an error of wrong user/pass appear.

the problem is, it seems my CPPM doesnt handle this authentication, the access tracker doesnt list any of this auth and my role enforcement doesnt work so even after succesful login, i always get redirected to login page.

Ricky

• 8.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:43 AM

• 9.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 06:22 AM

i followed that guide word to word.

the mac auth is working now. when my guest doing a captive portal, i can see the mac auth but still no captive portal auth in the access tracker.

• 10.  RE: Guest Access cannot connect

Posted Feb 11, 2015 07:13 AM

okay it's working now. i dont know where i went wrong but i just reconfigure the clearpass guest from the beginning.

and you dont need to config MAC auth on the controller to make it work. it only needed if you mac auth as a second auth after captive portal works to hold a session with layer 2 auth.

anyway thanks alot.

Ricky