Security

Frequent Contributor I

Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

we have master/backup topology with 2 7030. Aruba OS 6.4.2.12. VRRP ist working database synchronisation also.

i can see the user in the internal database on both controllers.

When the master is down and backup becomes master, the guest can not authenticate and gets authentication failed.

Re: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Is the user able to get to the captive portal ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Does the backup controller have an IP address on the guest VLAN?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Yes the user gets the captive portal and the controller has a ip on the guest vlan. The captive portal answers: Auth failed
Guru Elite

jAyR wrote:

we have master/backup topology with 2 7030. Aruba OS 6.4.2.12. VRRP ist working database synchronisation also.

i can see the user in the internal database on both controllers.

When the master is down and backup becomes master, the guest can not authenticate and gets authentication failed.

Database synchronization by default occurs every 30 minutes between controllers.  If you created a user or changed the password, you would have to wait 30 minutes before the change is synchronized or the user is created on the backup master.  You could change the synchronization period to something lower like 5 minutes to ensure that the synchronization takes place sooner.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I know, synchronization is set to 5 min and I see the user in internal database on the webinterface of the backup controller. Is there some log which provides more information. I also found out, when the master is back online I don't need to re authenticate.
Frequent Contributor I

after the weekend without changing something it worded fine, i think the replication was not successful and a later replication solved it

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: