Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Posted Oct 16, 2015 11:00 AM

we have master/backup topology with 2 7030. Aruba OS 6.4.2.12. VRRP ist working database synchronisation also.

i can see the user in the internal database on both controllers.

When the master is down and backup becomes master, the guest can not authenticate and gets authentication failed.

• 2.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Posted Oct 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Is the user able to get to the captive portal ?

• 3.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2015 11:43 AM
    Does the backup controller have an IP address on the guest VLAN?

• 4.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Posted Oct 18, 2015 04:20 AM
    Yes the user gets the captive portal and the controller has a ip on the guest vlan. The captive portal answers: Auth failed

• 5.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2015 06:35 PM

@jAyR wrote:

we have master/backup topology with 2 7030. Aruba OS 6.4.2.12. VRRP ist working database synchronisation also.

i can see the user in the internal database on both controllers.

When the master is down and backup becomes master, the guest can not authenticate and gets authentication failed.

Database synchronization by default occurs every 30 minutes between controllers.  If you created a user or changed the password, you would have to wait 30 minutes before the change is synchronized or the user is created on the backup master.  You could change the synchronization period to something lower like 5 minutes to ensure that the synchronization takes place sooner.

• 6.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Posted Oct 19, 2015 01:27 AM
    I know, synchronization is set to 5 min and I see the user in internal database on the webinterface of the backup controller. Is there some log which provides more information. I also found out, when the master is back online I don't need to re authenticate.

• 7.  RE: Guest Authentication not working on backup controller

Posted Oct 26, 2015 03:47 AM

after the weekend without changing something it worded fine, i think the replication was not successful and a later replication solved it