Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Language Packs HTML missing

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Guest Language Packs HTML missing

Posted Jun 08, 2017 01:32 PM

When a non-English language pack is in useall of my custom HTML isn't used, and everything uses the default template instead. Is this a problem with my HTML, or something in the configuration I missed?

Header HTML example:

2017-06-08_13h28_25.png

English:

2017-06-08_13h29_18.png

German:

2017-06-08_13h29_54.png

• 2.  RE: Guest Language Packs HTML missing

Posted Jun 09, 2017 07:11 AM

I'm just going to disable the auto language detection for now, and force users into english, but hopefully someone has insight into this.

• 3.  RE: Guest Language Packs HTML missing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2017 08:43 AM

Can you try to remove the tags:

{nwa_text id=7980}  and later the {/nwa_text} ?

I think these will replace what is in between by a localized version.

So just remove those two tags completely from the Header HTML.

• 4.  RE: Guest Language Packs HTML missing

Posted Jun 09, 2017 08:51 AM

I would like the text inside replaced by a localized version, so I want to include that tag.

I assume the <\br> break is causing the localization to stop or not include the following portion. Is there a different syntax I should be using instead of <\br>, or an additional nwa_text tag I should be adding after the break?

• 5.  RE: Guest Language Packs HTML missing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2017 09:33 AM

Ah, I understood the question the other way around, like how to prevent translation.

I don't think the translation of those dynamic (free form) fields is supported. How this is done in other cases is that a login page per language is created, and then use some scripting to redirect users to the right language page.

What might work as well is use the following code in your custom HTML:

{if $current_lang == 'ar'}
    PASTE YOUR REDIRECT CODE HERE -- OR WHATEVER LANGUAGE-SPECIFIC CONTENT -- SEE EXAMPLES ABOVE
    {elseif $current_lang == 'jp'}
    PASTE Japanese here
    {else}
    Fallback here
    {/if}

If you need a more definitive answer, please contact Aruba TAC.

• 6.  RE: Guest Language Packs HTML missing

Posted Jun 09, 2017 09:47 AM

I think I'm going to stick with forcing everyone to use english, and leave the language detection disabled. Setting up all the proper formatting for all the languages is a bit more than what's needed.

thank you for the response and answer, it's helped me understand how the translation part works a bit better.