Security

Frequent Contributor I

Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

I have an issue where I want to create two different username policies based on the selected user role.

If the role is a certain value, I enable the "email" field and use this as the authentication credential.

If the role is another value, I DO NOT enable the "email" field and instead enable a combination of "random_username_method", "random_username_length" and "multi_prefix".

However, this does not seem to work and more for clarity then anything, I assume this is because of how it processes the "Enable IF" rules.

Does anyone have any bright ideas or fixes?

Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!
Aruba

Re: Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

The "Enable If" logic is only applied on the client-side.

So what could be happening is that if you enter an email address, this will still be submitted to the server and used as the username, even if you have chosen a different role that would disable the email field and switch to the random_username_method.

Workaround could be to ensure that the email field is blank when submitting the form, if you want to use the random_username_method to generate the username instead.  This could be done using some javascript on the page and checking the role you have selected.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

Thanks Amigodave!

What I need to understand then is whether this is a bug or I'm missing something functional about the "Enable IF" and "Visible IF" rules?

One role is a typical guest role using their email address etc.. whilst the other role is all pre-populated from LDAP. Using a single form makes the process much simpler for the end user, and the "Visible" element works well dynamically. So in the event they choose the second role (via a dropdown) it won't even show the email field which has no initial value set?

Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: