Security

Frequent Contributor I

Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

I have an issue where I want to create two different username policies based on the selected user role.

If the role is a certain value, I enable the "email" field and use this as the authentication credential.

If the role is another value, I DO NOT enable the "email" field and instead enable a combination of "random_username_method", "random_username_length" and "multi_prefix".

However, this does not seem to work and more for clarity then anything, I assume this is because of how it processes the "Enable IF" rules.

Does anyone have any bright ideas or fixes?

Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!
Aruba

Re: Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

The "Enable If" logic is only applied on the client-side.

So what could be happening is that if you enter an email address, this will still be submitted to the server and used as the username, even if you have chosen a different role that would disable the email field and switch to the random_username_method.

Workaround could be to ensure that the email field is blank when submitting the form, if you want to use the random_username_method to generate the username instead.  This could be done using some javascript on the page and checking the role you have selected.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Guest Manager 3.9 - Using "Hidden" fields and "Enable IF" rules

Thanks Amigodave!

What I need to understand then is whether this is a bug or I'm missing something functional about the "Enable IF" and "Visible IF" rules?

One role is a typical guest role using their email address etc.. whilst the other role is all pre-populated from LDAP. Using a single form makes the process much simpler for the end user, and the "Visible" element works well dynamically. So in the event they choose the second role (via a dropdown) it won't even show the email field which has no initial value set?

Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: