Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network not routing outside AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Network not routing outside AP

Posted Jul 12, 2013 10:28 AM

I have a guest network set up with a Splash Page but one a users authenticates they are not able to route to the internet via the proxy server that have given them access to in the firewall. I am using the Virtual Controller Assigned so it gets a 192.x.x.x IP and Default Gateway. I set the DNS servers to our internal address's and that did not work either. I only want the guest users to be able to route out to the internet via our proxy and be able to connect to their own VPN. Any Ideas?

• 2.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2013 10:37 AM

@kashwmu wrote:

I have a guest network set up with a Splash Page but one a users authenticates they are not able to route to the internet via the proxy server that have given them access to in the firewall. I am using the Virtual Controller Assigned so it gets a 192.x.x.x IP and Default Gateway. I set the DNS servers to our internal address's and that did not work either. I only want the guest users to be able to route out to the internet via our proxy and be able to connect to their own VPN. Any Ideas?

The proxy would see all clients as the ip address of the Virtual Controller.  You would just allow all traffic on your proxy coming from that ip address.  

With regards to VPN, however, maybe the double NAT is breaking it.  Get web working first.

• 3.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

Posted Jul 12, 2013 10:43 AM

I have no issue with the proxy seeing the clients as the virtual controller but at this time I can't even ping my proxy server. My proxy server is in a 10.x.x.x address which is internal and the clients are in the 192.x.x.x. I have allowed on the firewall any any allow to the proxy server and it still will not ping.

• 4.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2013 10:45 AM
    What CAN the clients ping?

• 5.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

Posted Jul 12, 2013 10:49 AM

at this time nothing that I tried.

• 6.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

Posted Jul 15, 2013 09:00 AM

Do you have configured any other firewall rules for this network or users??

• 7.  RE: Guest Network not routing outside AP

Posted Jul 18, 2013 10:55 AM

I did not have any firewall rules other then allow all.

I walked away from this configuration for about 2 days and it is now working. Not sure what happened though so I do not have a solution.