Security

Occasional Contributor II

Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

Question: If I create a guest repository user that has the same name as another user in the Onboard repository, do the concurrent session counts configured in the Guest module apply to both?  For example, guest User1 has a limit of 3 sessions.  Onboard User1 has a limit of 5 devices.

Will Onboard User1 only be able to have 3 simultaneous sessions active? 

Similarly, if Onboard User1 has 3 active sessions then Guest User1 tries to log in, will Guest User1 be disconnected?

Thank you.

Re: Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

I think that the two are separate. So onboard user1 can onboard max 5 devices. And guest user1 can have max 3 sessions. When a user is onboarded it is not using guest services anymore, that is the idea behind onboarding.
Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

different authentication sources, so different rules.

So, I thought the same thing, however, I was running into an issue with these 2 user accounts getting disconnected.  I opened up a support ticket and they did confirm that the username has to be unique or the Session Limit count WILL affect the OnBoard user with the same name.

To work around this, either:

1. Increase the session limit count for the guest user to include enough sessions for both OnBoard and Guest connections simultaneously

2. Rename the guest user account

I went with option 2.  Problem solved.

Thanks,

Rob.

New Contributor

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: