Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

Posted Aug 26, 2014 01:17 PM

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone has any clue on the below:

1. Email sent to sponsor with the content of “guest name and guest email” shows empty. Can this be removed?
    2. When generating a password for guest provisioning using the ''local-userdb add guest001 generate-password sponsor-email it-services@example.com expiry duration 1440', can the generated password use numeric or uppercase alphabetical and numeric letters to avoid letter confusion like ‘I’ (capital i) and ‘l’ (lowercase L) which looks alike when using Arial or Calibri font family (company standard font). Alternatively, can we generate an HTML email using other fonts that shows the difference of those characters.
    3. Aruba controller clock is incorrect, even after NTP service is enabled and controller is rebooted.

Controller is a 3200XP running on version 6.3.1.8

Untitled.png

• 2.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 02:32 PM

1. In Clearpass Guest, there are "print templates" (in v6.4 it's renamed to receipts) under Configuration where you can customize what gets sent and the info contained in the email.

2. You can configure as well the password complexity in the Configuration section under "Guest Manager"

Screenshot 2014-08-26 14.30.44.png

3. Is the controller configured in the right timezone?  What the output of show ntp server status?

• 3.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:35 PM

are you using the controller guest provisioning for this ?

• 4.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:56 PM

Hi VictorFabian,

Yes, I am using the controller for guest provisioning.

• 5.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

Posted Aug 28, 2014 02:50 AM

Hi guys,

What do you think? Any ideas?

• 6.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2014 04:48 AM
    The 6.4 that Seth mention is for ClearPass. The guest service built in the controller is very limited. I believe that you will need ClearPass if you want to customize the password. I'll let Collin or someone chime in if there any tricks that I don't know of.

• 7.  RE: Guest Sponsor Email and NTP issues

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:49 PM

Hi SethFiermonti,

Unfortunately, we don't have ClearPass. We only have the Mobility Controller 3200XP so I don't think I can do what you have.

However, I noticed you mentioned v6.4. We are running on 6.3.1.8. Is the v6.4 stable enough for general availability? And will that give me the ability as what you have shown me?