Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

Posted Jun 09, 2014 10:34 AM

I'd like to keep forwarding our guests through clearpass so that I can continue having an option for users to login using credentials through RADIUS, but I'd like it so that Guests can just click accept and get x amount of time of access before having to accept the Use Policy again. Is there a way to make this happen? 

I came across this link, but it's controller specific and doesn't involve adding a section for Guests to click a link to log in with their RADIUS account.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

• 2.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2014 02:28 AM

Yes,

You can create a page that has a choice of who the users are and they would click the link or put a login page with a link to the guests click to accept.

Just be forward you are going to have to walk through quite a few steps to setup a the accept terms so if your not familiar with setting one up your best bet is to work with a partner or professional service.

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 1.22.53 AM.png

• 3.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

Posted Jun 10, 2014 11:17 AM

Really I suppose the question is, is there a guide around for setting up a page that just makes a guest user accept the use policy? I can add a link to a webpage, so that really isn't the hard part. 

I just know that clearpass is generally reliant on users logging in, but I don't want guests to have a username/password. 

• 4.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

Posted Jun 13, 2014 04:36 PM

Does Clearpass have the capability of just having a user accept the TOS? 

I can't seem to figure a way for it to not check agains a user database.

I guess the other question would be how can I get the mac to populate the user database by just click accept. 

My other thought, I could probably setup the captive portal on my controller which has instructions for doing the captive portal with just an accept. Then I can add a link that forwards internal users to a login page to use their credentials to log in? Would that work?

• 5.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?
    Best Answer

• 6.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?

Posted Jun 13, 2014 04:40 PM

Thanks that hasn't shown up in any of my searchs. It appears on first look to be just the thing I am looking for! 

• 7.  RE: Guest Wireless only Accept Use Policy using Clearpass?