Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest issue

Posted Oct 10, 2016 01:14 PM

Hello

I have guest setup mac cacheing and with self registration without approval.  What I have works fine for iOS devives.  The users register and can logon.  When I try this with a WIndow 10 laptop, I am able to register but that is all.  I never get redirected or it I enter a different url, I am brought back to the signin page.  Looking at the instant GUI, I see that the Windows device is given a role of External CP, while my other devices are given the role I have on the instant.

Any help would be great!

• 2.  RE: Guest issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 06:24 PM

What does the access tracker say for this client?  Is there any "access denied" URL on the client when this happens?

• 3.  RE: Guest issue

Posted Oct 10, 2016 06:33 PM

Access Tracker was not much help.  I would see mac autt fail as expected but the client would never try again with the credentials. 

I tried using Firefox and it worked.  Reset everything tried again with I.E. and Edge and same as before. Tried Firefox again and it worked. I changed some of the security settings in ie and got that to work but not edge.

this is a lab setup with no valid cert on clear pass.  Is that the issue or is there something I need to do to get to work as expected with the 2 Microsoft browsers.

thanks

• 4.  RE: Guest issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 06:41 PM

I think you should open a TAC case in parallel.  There are alot of details you probably cannot share here, but they will be necessary to solve your issue...