Security

New Contributor

Guest issue

Hello

I have guest setup mac cacheing and with self registration without approval.  What I have works fine for iOS devives.  The users register and can logon.  When I try this with a WIndow 10 laptop, I am able to register but that is all.  I never get redirected or it I enter a different url, I am brought back to the signin page.  Looking at the instant GUI, I see that the Windows device is given a role of External CP, while my other devices are given the role I have on the instant.

Any help would be great!

Guru Elite

Re: Guest issue

What does the access tracker say for this client?  Is there any "access denied" URL on the client when this happens?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Access Tracker was not much help.  I would see mac autt fail as expected but the client would never try again with the credentials. 

I tried using Firefox and it worked.  Reset everything tried again with I.E. and Edge and same as before. Tried Firefox again and it worked. I changed some of the security settings in ie and got that to work but not edge.

this is a lab setup with no valid cert on clear pass.  Is that the issue or is there something I need to do to get to work as expected with the 2 Microsoft browsers.

thanks

Guru Elite

I think you should open a TAC case in parallel.  There are alot of details you probably cannot share here, but they will be necessary to solve your issue...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: