Security

Super Contributor II

Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance as i'm not too great with the custom login forms in ClearPass. 

I'm working on an install where the customer wants to import a list of ID numbers (client ID's) and then have a login form that only requests the ID numbers. 

I was thinking along the lines of importing the userids using the bulk import tool and defining both username and password as "userid" and then creating a custom form that takes the userid and submits this as both user id and password. 

any ideas how i could pull this off?

I have also considered the access code method but this doesnt' allow me to define the "authenticate_user" field during the bulk import. trying to keep it simple for the customer. 

Thanks 

Scott

MVP

Re: Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

See if this post helps you:
http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Exporting-Clearpass-Guest-Accounts-to-another-Clearpass-instance/m-p/232994
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Hi Victor,

Thanks for sharing the link. 

Not quite what i'm looking at. I've got an access code based login page working. The catch is i want to do regular import of the access codes (client  number). 

The issue i'm having is that the flag needed for the user account (username_auth) can't be modified on import but rather needs to be bulk edited after the fact. 

working with the TAC to come up with something now 

Scott

Aruba Employee

Only special accounts get past the web logins with Access Code enabled.  Specifically the guest account needs the username_auth field set.  You control any attribute in an import by ensuring you have the proper header row.  So at a minimum you would want:

username,username_auth,enabled

user1,1,1

user2,1,1

The import (Guest > Import Accounts) will detect the fields in the header row and automatically generate the password.  

A similar, and often overlooked feature is our pre-registration flag.  Change the enabled values to 0 to force disabled.  Create a self-registration and enable username on the main registration form.  Edit username and at the bottom within the Advanced section is Pre-Registration.  Check this and save.  The self-registration now requires that field to match an existing entry.  This allows you to give codes our but also ask for additional information like name, company, or whatever.

Super Contributor II

thanks gbenedict, this is exactly what i needed, i didn't realise that i could import any named attribute on the form!

This is excellent!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: