Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest need to login twice before able to browse Internet

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Guest need to login twice before able to browse Internet

Posted Mar 30, 2017 04:38 PM

Hi,

I am stuck with one issue. My topology and work flow for Guest is below:

1. We have Aruba Controller and CP. 

2. CP has Public Certificate for both Radius and Web.

3. Once Guest login to Guest SSID, Guest Self Registration Page appears, he needs to enter Name & Mobile, after that he get sms and Login Page. After login he able to browse Internet.

Issue:

Once he get SMS and he enter credentials, he get certificate error, after accept it SelfRegistration Page appear, (he is not able to browse Internet) he went again to Login page and enter credentials, now he able to browse.

Kindly be note that he didn't get Certificate Error for Guest SelfRegistration and Login Page.

What I am thinking, may be I am wrong, we didn't have Certificate for Controller may be thats why we get error and observe this issue. 

Kindly let me know, if I am right, we need Certificate for Controller. If I am wrong, kindly let me know, how to troubleshoot it coz in CP, we get only one Access Tracker, when he enter credential and able to browse Internet.

Regards,

Atif.

• 2.  RE: Guest need to login twice before able to browse Internet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2017 04:42 PM

• 3.  RE: Guest need to login twice before able to browse Internet

Posted Mar 30, 2017 05:11 PM
    There is a redirect that occurs during the login process. The redirect will hit the controller, which by default has a self signed certificate. This is why you are getting the error. If you have a wildcard certificate you can load this onto the controller to handle the captive portal only.

#AirheadsMobile