Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest sessions - NAS-Port-ID

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Guest sessions - NAS-Port-ID

Posted Aug 09, 2016 05:33 AM

Hi Airheads,

We're using the Guest Device Repository to MAC authenticate devices on our network. Accounting is configured so we're able to retreive the session information for each device.

The NAS-Port returned by our Juniper switches is a number instead of the actual Port-ID (ie. ge-0/0/1). Is it possible to show the RADIUS attribute NAS-Port-ID from the RADIUS-Request message instead of NAS-Port from the RADIUS-Accounting message?

This is the content of the access request.

Radius:IETF:NAS-Port    584
    Radius:IETF:NAS-Port-Id    ge-0/0/28.0

• 2.  RE: Guest sessions - NAS-Port-ID

Posted Aug 10, 2016 12:12 PM

When you say "show the RADIUS attribute" where are you talking about?

If you are referring to the Active Session section under ClearPass Guest then the fields that are displayed here can be customised by clicking More Options and then Choose Columns. Both nasporttype and nasportid are available to view.

• 3.  RE: Guest sessions - NAS-Port-ID

Posted Aug 11, 2016 02:38 AM

Hi dg27, thanks for your reply.

I guess by default, you're only able to see the information from the accounting messages. In there, the NAS-PORT-ID (ge-0/0/1) is not included so the field remains empty.

However, in the radius request message which comes in every 60min., it is included so I'm looking for a way to use that attribute in the active session details.

• 4.  RE: Guest sessions - NAS-Port-ID

Posted Aug 11, 2016 04:02 AM

I don't think this is something you can change within ClearPass.

You would need the Juniper switch to be able to send the field you require in the RADIUS accounting packet for it to be visible in the Active Sessions section.