Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 07:53 AM

hi everyone, 

i already have aruba networking, and i have device named harman kardon controller. this HK Controller is speaker device and it's base on apple application for the software.

Now, i try to connect the device to existing aruba networking, but the device wont connect to my network, and always shows notification "you connect the different network, check your networking" or something like that. but i already set the ssid and network properly, and i can access internet and browsing from that network.

i try to create new ssid that only allows mac address the HK Controller devices in the internal DB, but the problem still same, and i try to reclassify broadcasted ssid from the HKC device into authorized, and again the notif still same. But if i try to connect the device to my tethering phone, the device work properly.

what should i do now ?

kindly need your advice guys :)

• 2.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:30 PM

is there anyone who can help me for this case ?

• 3.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:40 PM

Is this Aruba's controller-based wireless or Aruba Instant?

• 4.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:43 PM

it's aruba controller-based

• 5.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:45 PM

Does the wireless network use authentication?

• 6.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:52 PM

i try to use ssid with WPA2-PSK and without authentication, but it's still same

• 7.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:59 PM

What is the speaker supposed to do, reach the internet?

• 8.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 10:05 PM

yes, the speaker only just need connect to the network wireless existing.

in another case, i try to set my phone for tethering, and the speaker connect to my phone for the connection, and then my phone can play my music with that device as speaker wireless, and with this option the speaker working properly.

but if I try the speaker connect to my network, and also my phone to the network, the device cannot connect. even though i try using my laptop with same ssid, i can browsing on internet

• 9.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 10:14 PM
    So is the requirement that your phone sees the speaker on the second network? If yes, what protocol does the phone use to find the speaker?

• 10.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 29, 2016 11:25 PM

u mean what protokol does the speaker find the phone ? i'm a bit confused

are this picture describe the protocol ?omni.JPG

• 11.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 07:05 AM

What network protocol?  Airplay?  DLNA?

• 12.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 30, 2016 08:19 AM

i think the device use airplay, because the device use apple software.

• 13.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 08:56 AM

On the commandline of the controller, type "show airgroup blocked-queries" to see if any corresponds to the HK speaker

• 14.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?

Posted Jun 30, 2016 09:07 AM

ok, i'll try , 

thanks anyway for answer :)

• 15.  RE: Harman Kardon Controller (Speaker wireless) wont connect to aruba networking ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2016 09:32 AM

You could either do that, or try turning off Airgroup:

config t

airgroup disable