Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone deployed Airwave to support Cisco WLAN architecture for College Campuses%3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Has anyone deployed Airwave to support Cisco WLAN architecture for College Campuses%3F

Posted Nov 12, 2013 03:01 PM

• 2.  RE: Has anyone deployed Airwave to support Cisco WLAN architecture for College Campuses%3F

Posted Nov 12, 2013 04:37 PM

I am currently supporting a dual Cisco and Aruba wireless environment.  I manage both my Cisco wireless and my Aruba wireless through Airwave and have completely removed WCS from our environment, which we hardly used at all anyway.  Is there a more specific issue that you are looking to address?

• 3.  RE: Has anyone deployed Airwave to support Cisco WLAN architecture for College Campuses%3F

Posted Nov 12, 2013 04:39 PM

Thanks!  Working to convince technical leaders that Airwave is superior to WLC and Prime and has more versatility.  trying to call out the value proposition to get them to appreciate the superiority of Airwave.

• 4.  RE: Has anyone deployed Airwave to support Cisco WLAN architecture for College Campuses%3F

Posted Nov 12, 2013 04:47 PM

Heck.. if you're talking $$.. put the numbers in front of them.  With educational discounts Airwave is way more cost effective than Prime, from what I've seen.

I'm also using Airwave to monitor Cisco Switches (ranging from 2950's up to 3700's), a 6500 series chassis and a set of 1410 Wireless bridges we use.   For wireless, its currently monitoring my Cisco 5508's (2 of them with 150 APs each), a 4404 and a 4402 WLC.

Even if I had not made the decision to switch to Aruba for our wireless gear, I would have chosen Airwave over Prime or WCS any day.  I used WCS, and before that WLSE, for years and wasn't able to get any real value out of it.   Couldn't get any of the information I wanted out of it using reports, or any other method.  First day on a trial of Airwave gave me more information from my Cisco environment than I'd had since installing it in 2003. 

Paying for Airwave was a no brainer at that point.