Security

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Having some 802.1x Authentication issues

Hi james

This thread has been marked as solved already - my problem was related to my old controller having old config that was interfeering in some way. Rebuilding solved my problems.This was also on quite old firmware.
Perhaps a TAC case can help or a new post/thread for your issue specifically.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi James

Did you get a solution to this error - I am also struggling with it and have had no success from support...

Occasional Contributor II

Hi Tatenda, I turned off 802.1r and OKC and that seems to have resolved the issues we were having. Although, we did not experience the issue until after upgrading to 6.4.4.16 from 6.4.2.19.

The issue we were seeing was users who were connected at one point, were coming back to the facility, unable to login to the wireless network. The users were getting "stuck" in the "logon" role on the controller. The only work around was to manually delete the users table entry #aaa user delete mac <mac address>. or connect to our guest wireless, and then forget that network and reconnect to the other. Not entirely sure what you're experiencing, under the VAP profile, SSID, 802.1r, disable, seems to have fixed our issues for now.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi

James thanks for the response, I going to try it out when there is no one to whine about the downtime..

Guru Elite

Tatenda,

What version of ArubaOS did you upgrade from?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

TWN
New Contributor

Hi

The last working upgrade we installed was 6.4.2.17 - anything that we try to upgrade to above 6.4.2.17 results in inconsitencies with loggingin.

We were on 6.4.2.19 prior to upgrading and had similar issues when users left, they were unable to login. The users were "stuck" in the "logon" role, had to forcefully remove the users account #aaa users delete and they were able to reconnect. This is with a radius server setup on server 2012. What type of setup are you having issues with?

[cid:image003.png@01CF7666.094321D0]
www.ascension.org

James Heyworth B.Sc IT
Technical Engineering Analyst - Network
Ascension Information Services
O: 810-606-6112
M: 810-922-6047
James.Heyworth@ascension.org

One Mission. One Integrated Ministry. One Ascension.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message and any accompanying data or files is confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately. Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.
TWN
New Contributor

Hi James

We are running Windows 2008R2.

We are using the Windows server Radius for authentication

We are also using the Windows DHCP and DNS servers.

we have deployed the Aruba 3600 controllers with 104/105 APs

Our problems are inconsistent once we upgrade. For example, I have a macbook that takes about 5-10sec to connect to the network on a normal day. When we upgraded and test connectivity the same laptop took 1m30sec, then 2mins+ and on a different occation it took 3min 30secs..

When i take the same user name on a similar random device it works fine... 

Hello,

I am having clients get kicked off/lose connection often. The clients are right next to the Airports and bandwidth looks ok. We have a mix of 335's and 225's with about 10 to 30 clients per AP. 

I am getting a lot of RADIUS Authentication Issues almost 3000 a day

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for any and all help. 

Guru Elite

Those look like mac authentications to your inter

Ollie R wrote:

Hello,

I am having clients get kicked off/lose connection often. The clients are right next to the Airports and bandwidth looks ok. We have a mix of 335's and 225's with about 10 to 30 clients per AP. 

I am getting a lot of RADIUS Authentication Issues almost 3000 a day

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for any and all help. 

Those look like mac authentications to the server internal to the controller.  How is your SSID setup to authenticate?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: