Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Mar 12, 2014 01:13 PM

I am trying to integrate the Aruba 3600 controller with PacketFence running on CentOS 6.5.  Any help from someone who has done this for both guest and secure networks would be greatly appreciated.  

• 2.  RE: How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Mar 16, 2014 11:05 AM

have you seen this:

http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/PacketFence/doc/PacketFence_Network_Devices_Configuration_Guide-3.3.2.pdf

no personally experience, on my to check out once list though.

• 3.  RE: How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Mar 17, 2014 01:22 AM

Unfortunately this is only one piece of the puzzle and rumor has it doesn't play well with 6.3 release of the controller firmware.

• 4.  RE: How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Jun 22, 2014 06:55 PM

@andrewkrosf wrote:

Unfortunately this is only one piece of the puzzle and rumor has it doesn't play well with 6.3 release of the controller firmware.

I can attest to that... playing around with Packetfence 4.2.2 with firmware 6.3.1.8 and behavior has been finicky.  The weirdest thing I've seen is after a successful CoA from packetfence, the user's role appears correct in the users table, but remains unchanged in the datapath.  I haven't pinointed the issue, but it doesn't happen with clear pass in the same scenario.

• 5.  RE: How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Dec 11, 2014 05:31 PM

Hey derek, 

Any update on packetfence with 6.3.1.8?

We're trying to get it working and everything appears to work fine but when COA comes in the user-table doesn't get updated - i have to remove myself manually from user-table in order to get the right role....

• 6.  RE: How do you configure Packet Fence to work with the Aruba 3600 controller. Both for guest and secure

Posted Dec 22, 2014 02:01 PM

I had to scrap the project before finding a solution.

I think if you can write a custom script and call it from within PacketFence or by way of FreeRadius proxy, you could sidestep the CoA issue. I was thinking the script would log into the controller(s) and run "aaa user delete mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" w/the user's MAC.  

Not pretty, but could work.  I did something similar w/MAC-auth-fail-open to get usernames populated into my controller from a netreg box.