Security

New Contributor

How the ClearPass Onboard retrieve info from the client smartphone to the details of firmware?

Hi all,

I understand that ClearPass Onboard performs health check on the client's smartphone devices and retrieve details information about its firmware, but how the client's device allow ClearPass to get this info? Is there a client software installed silently first on the client device? 

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,

Sultan

Guru Elite

Re: How the ClearPass Onboard retrieve info from the client smartphone to the details of firmware?

Yes.  In android it is an APP, on IOS, it occurs using the over-the-air API.  With windows it is an executable.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: How the ClearPass Onboard retrieve info from the client smartphone to the details of firmware?

[ Edited ]

No client is needed to identify the OS version of Smart Devices.  ClearPass uses "fingerprints" to identify devices.  Examples: DHCP fingerprinting and host user agent strings that are gathered via captive portal authentication.

EDIT

I'm double-checking, but I thought versions could be obtained through fingerprinting.  Sounds like maybe I'm not correct on that.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: