Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to I reset the AP enable password

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to I reset the AP enable password

Posted Jun 08, 2015 11:51 PM

Hi

Any ideas how i can reset the password on an aruba AP-105. Unfortunately when I connect to the AP via console, am taken straight to CLI and am not asked for the admin:forgetme! username and password.

Basically want to change some static routes on the AP so need the enable password unless there is a way of changing static routes on the AP without having to log on to the AP cli

many thanks

• 2.  RE: How to I reset the AP enable password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2015 11:57 PM
    Is this an Instant AP or campus AP?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: How to I reset the AP enable password

Posted Jun 09, 2015 12:08 AM

It's campus AP. All managed through ARUBA3600 mobility controller

Many thanks

• 4.  RE: How to I reset the AP enable password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 06:57 AM

There are no routes to change on an Campus AP.  All the routes exist on the controller.

• 5.  RE: How to I reset the AP enable password

Posted Jun 09, 2015 04:33 PM
    I did think as much that the routes exist on the controller but have looked that AP configuration that is pushed outto the controllers and cant seem to find where the routes are actually set. Appreciate direction on where within the controller the routes are configured

• 6.  RE: How to I reset the AP enable password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 04:36 PM
    Routes can be added using the "ip route" command or under Configuration > IP.

Thanks,
    Tim