Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 07:04 AM

Hello all,

Just a quick one - are are currently using self registration and all is working really well.

Is it possible to bypass the 'receipt page' following registration on the 'register page'??

We would like to just go straight through to the login message / redirect.

Thank you for any assistance.

• 2.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2015 03:03 PM

in the following screen shot shows you how to bypass the receipt and auto login the user.

you can put this in the header or footer of the receipt page. and check mark do not include guest receipt

<script type="text/javascript"><!--{literal}
    addLoadEvent(function() {
    Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit");
    });
    //-->
    {/literal}</script>

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 1.57.40 PM.png

• 3.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 06:02 PM

Thanks Troy,

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me - after hitting 'register' on the 'guest_register.php' page, it goes to the 'guest_register_receipt.php' page and sits there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 01:14 AM
    I did a search and found one of my other posts and the above should work. There might be an issue with the copy paste.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Custom-ClearPass-Guest-page-for-Public-Login-no-username-pass/m-p/137559/highlight/true#M9647

• 5.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Posted Feb 22, 2015 04:45 PM

Thanks Troy,

This is now working okay, I just had to uncheck the checkbox and then handle the redirection URL from the Instant AP.

Cheers

• 6.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Posted Mar 09, 2016 08:59 PM

Hi Troy,

Using auto-submit on receipt page works fine.

However, if I auto-submit immediately, the authentication request will fail because it seems the device account created in the previous self-registration page has not entered the Guest Device database yet. (it might need some time, I guess)

If I put a 2 seconds delay in the auto-submit, everything works fine: the service for the authentication request can find the device in the Guest Device database, so the authentication succeeds.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Peiyong

• 7.  RE: How to bypass receipt page upon self-registration?

Posted Nov 07, 2016 10:29 AM

Necro-posting a bit, but I am having the same problem with the auto-submit button.  

If I press it immediately, then the login fails because the guest user is not created quickly enough.  I have had to add a delay up to 7 1/2 seconds to reliably allow the user to be created.

Is there anything that can be done to either have it retry on failure or have the user created more quickly?