Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:14 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a working guest portal (with access-code) in clear pass guest - and it's working fine in front of a controller with mac caching.

how do i enable the controller to get two diffrent roles (beacause i have users with guest role in cppm and some user with contractor role) .

how do i enable clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller - please advise.

Thanks,

Me

• 2.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

MVP
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:18 AM

Not sure I understand your problem.

You can return different user-roles by using different enforcement profiles.

If you are asking about how to make the distinction.. just make sure the contractors have a different role id and use that to sent them the different enforcement profile?

• 3.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:19 AM

When you are authenticating guests in CPPM in your enforcement policy you can return the Aruba Radius Attribute "Aruba-User-Role" that will override the default guest role in the controller.  The question is, under what circumstances do you want to return one role, or another...?

• 4.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:22 AM

i got username: X1 with guest role in the clearpass (i built a guest user role also on the controller)

and i got username Y1 with contractor role in the clearpass ( i built a contractor user role also on the controller)

(in the L3 profile on the controller its guest after captive portal)

both of them passing the same captive portal.

can u please send me screenshot/example/guide how to configure the right enforcment profile as needed to achive my need.

• 5.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:26 AM

role1.png

role2.png

• 6.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:33 AM

Thanks..

But i want that if Contractor role then ROLE-A on controller

and if Guest role then ROLE-B on the controller.

And your screenshot is -  how to send a role to the controller.

• 7.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:52 AM

Assuming you are using the inbuilt Clearpass roles you just need to create an Enforcement Policy which maps the roles to the Enforcement profiles you create like shown by cjoseph:

Tips     Role     EQUALS     [Guest]           RADIUS-Guest_Enforcement_Profile

Tips     Role     EQUALS     [Contractor]   RADIUS-Contractor_Enforcement_Profile

This policy should be first match.

As long as the guest account has the correct Clearpass role the correct enforcement profile should trigger and this should set the correct Aruba controller role.

• 8.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE

It is the job of the Enforcement Policy to determine what Enforcement Profile is sent to the controller.

Enforcement Policy=Use my information about incoming authentication to send an attribute to the controller

Enforcement Profile=That Attribute (in this case, a role).:

1.png

2.png

3.png

• 9.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 06:54 AM
    For a MAC caching authentication, I would use the RoleID number and not the TIPS role.

• 10.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 06:29 AM

Hi Guys,

It's working great ...but when the user is coming back and there is a MAC cahcing ....its just dont get the right role (Guest .or. Premium) Based on the code he enter before he left the area.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Me

• 11.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 06:31 AM

• 12.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:37 AM

Use the Endpoints:Guest Role ID attribute in either the role map or your enforcement profile (instead of the GuestUser: Guest Role ID)

• 13.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:57 AM

Add an enforcement profile like this to your web auth service.

enforcement-profile-mac-cache.JPG

Did you use the Guest w/ MAC caching service template? All of this should have been created with that.

• 14.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:04 AM

i built it with a template...

but thoese are the only post-auth it made for me:

07-07-2014 15-03-10.jpg

======================

44.PNG

=======================

55.PNG

• 15.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:16 AM

Hm, so you have the right profile enabled. Check the Audit Viewer and see if the attributes are attempting to be updated by either clusteradmin or apiadmin.

Also, try modifying that enforcement profile to:

%{GuestUser:Role ID}

• 16.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:20 AM

Now it's even add the role id to my endpoint ..

Screenshot attached:

999.jpg

======================

98989.PNG

But still...

3458349583958.PNG

• 17.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:22 AM

Clear the cache for that endpoint, the endpoints repository and disassociate from the network and aaa delete the client, then try again. It's likely just a timing issue.

• 18.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:25 AM

Clear the cache for that endpoint, the endpoints repository and disassociate from the network and aaa delete the client, then try again. It's likely just a timing issue.

• I usully blacklisting the client.(in the controller)
    • then i deleting the endpoint...
    • and then im first logining with passcode to the network...
    • shutting down the device (deleting the AAA recrod on the controller)
    • and then trying agian...

am i missing something?!

• 19.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:27 AM
    Do you have another device you can test? There's too many variables (due to caching) when trying to use the same client in quick tests.

• 20.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:39 AM

tested also with 3 other devices... getting guest all the time with MAC caching....

even due the endpoint got role id 4 after web auth

9999999.PNG

please advise.

what do i do wrong.

999894849849.PNG

0000.PNG

• 21.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:45 AM

Are you seeing an entry in Access Tracker for that device?

Also, on the controller, run "show user mac <mac address>" and it should tell you how the role was derived.

• 22.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:48 AM
      |   view attached

Yes.

9992.PNG

Attached logs file

Attachment(s)

zip
    DashboardDetails.zip   6 KB 1 version

• 23.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:51 AM

ClearPass is sending back an [Allow Access Profile] which is why you are getting Guest (most likely the default role in the AAA profile). It looks like it's falling through to the last rule.

Change your first two rules to check the Endpoints: Guest Role ID.

• 24.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:54 AM

y?

its on first match...so it's aint matching... to my two first lines.

why.PNG

please advise.

• 25.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:56 AM
    It should be matching rule #2 correct?

You need to change the rule to say Endpoint: Guest Role ID.

• 26.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:21 AM

Yes you right... #2 ... or #1 based on the guest role...

i will try to change it agian. (and i will update u)

• 27.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:26 AM
      |   view attached

It's still dosent work... :( im getting guest when mac auth is being done and not premium as needed... y?

did.PNG

But still:

9292.PNG

Again - attached log file from the Access Tracker.

Please h3lp.

Attachment(s)

zip
    DashboardDetails(2).zip   6 KB 1 version

• 28.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:35 AM

Do you have the Endpoints Repository as an authorization source in your service?

• 29.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:39 AM

Yes , I do.

1.PNG

• 30.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:44 AM
    Try adding a rule above #3 that reads:

Tips:Role EQUALS [Premium] Premium4Instant

• 31.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:51 AM
      |   view attached

did it:

rol.PNG

But still getting Guest :(

attached log file agian (from now)

Attachment(s)

zip
    DashboardDetails(3).zip   6 KB 1 version

• 32.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:03 AM
    any idea?

• 33.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

MVP
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:49 AM

Try some debugging on the controller and compare what you are getting returned matches an actual aruba-user-role on your controller.

logging level debugging security subcat aaa
    logging level debugging security process authmgr

• 34.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:45 AM
      |   view attached

Like this?

Capture2.PNG

Because it's still dosent work :(

Capture3.PNG

• 35.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:50 AM
    Can you check an endpoint and see if those values exist? If not, you need to modify your WebAuth service to add those attributes to the database after a successful authentication.

• 36.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:52 AM

it dosent..

screenshot:

Capture4.PNG

nope :( how to i modify my  WebAuth service? to add those attributes to the database after a successful authentication. ?

• 37.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    You would use the Guest Role ID.
    So if role 1 was contractor and role 2 was guest, you'd simply say:

If GuestRoleID equals 1, contractor profile
    If GuestRoleID equals 2, guest profile

• 38.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 06:10 PM
    Try using guest user. Role id equals in the role

• 39.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2014 12:12 AM

It looks like you are using TIPS role in the role mapping. You can not use it there you need to change it to the same as the others. All guest role mapping is based on a number which you create a translation in a guest service.

There is a lot of info in this post about it.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Role-Mappings-within-the-Guest-Application/m-p/165800/highlight/true#M12513

In role it needs to be like I have below for the FACStaf where I push the role staff to the controller, and then use the tips role in the enforcement.

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 11.02.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 11.03.59 PM.png

• 40.  RE: How to? | clearpass guest to send 2 diffrent roles to the controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2014 12:26 AM

Also attach a screen shot of your access tracker. Each Tab please. 

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 11.14.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 11.23.01 PM.png