Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 11, 2014 05:30 AM

I'm using CP 6.2.5 and i'm trying to add user guest. However the start_time for this guest user always to be immediately start . So how can i configure to add guest user and this guest account to be active and start count the usage time whenever the  guest user login.

• 2.  RE: How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 11, 2014 07:56 AM

Hi. You can use the Field named "Account Lifetime", also called "expire_postlogin". This field sets how long the user can use the account after he logs in.

So you would set the account expiration to the time period that the user should be able to log in, and the Account lifetime to how long the account should be valid for after the login. You may have to add the expire_postlogin field to your form if you do not see this by default.

• 3.  RE: How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 11, 2014 08:52 PM
      |   view attached

Hi I already added "expire_postlogin" into my self register receipt page form. But how i configure it and i try to test with my configure like this.But it still not count the start time after i login. But it count start time immediately after i create the account.

• 4.  RE: How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Can you share a screenshot of the field settings for expire_postlogin within this form.

• 5.  RE: How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 13, 2014 05:13 AM

The account will both have an expiration AND a lifetime, with the expire_postlogin.

Let me try to explain again.

If you for example set the Account expiration to 1 week and the lifetime to 3 hours. Then the user will be able to log in with the account within the week, but he can only use the account for 3 hours after he logs in.

• 6.  RE: How to configure clearpass guest account to be activated whenever guest login??

Posted Mar 13, 2014 07:28 AM

As Nesvik explains using the exire_postlogin field will create the effect I believe you're after.

An example you can look at is the Create-Multi form. Single Create User doesn't have the same fields active. Reason behind this I'm guessing is that you usually don't want to manually create singel users in advance, but you do with multi (like for a conference).

In the screenshots below I've duplicated and modified the form "create_user" and just added the "expire_postlogin" field with default values.

Here I've set the accounts to be active immediately, but not to expire. I then set the lifetime to be 1 day which starts counting from the first time the user logs in.

See screenshots:

13.03-02.png

And then the form preview:

13.03-02.png