Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller

Posted Jan 28, 2015 10:25 AM

i had a problem as my user complaint that he always need to re-logon to Captive Portal to sign in again after his laptop back from idle mode. 

Is there any solution to avoid the user to re-logon from Captive Portal after his laptop back from idle mode? or reconnect back to the network in a same day?

I'm new in using Aruba Controller. As i know, the re-authencation setting is able to work in this issue but i not sure how to set. Is there any guideline documents or configuration refer to check on it?

• 2.  RE: How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2015 11:13 AM

Try with these two.

cp portal.jpg

• 3.  RE: How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller

Posted Jan 28, 2015 12:05 PM

Hi Niv,

Are you just using the Captive Portal on the controller? Also, do you have multiple controller or just a single controller?

-Mike

• 4.  RE: How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:34 PM

Hi Mike, I'm using the Captive Portal on the Controller. Only using single controller.

• 5.  RE: How to configure re-auth for a Captive Portal in Controller

Posted Jan 28, 2015 10:08 PM

Hi Niv,

A user will be presented with the captive portal as soon as their device times out of the user table on the controller. 

Were you able to try SunaM's recommendation of adjusting the User Idle Timeout?

-Mike