Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect to ClearPass OnBoard

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to connect to ClearPass OnBoard

Posted Jun 14, 2012 05:40 AM

Hi,

I'm working on a project of controlling which ipad can connect to an employee network with a system of certificate.

If the ipad is not known as the enterprise ipad (certificate not present), it's redirected to a guest network.

To implement that i need ClearPass Policy Manager (i got a license) plus ClearPass Onboard.

The thing is, i don't know where i can configurate ClearPass Onboard. On Clear Pass Policy i can only import a Clear Pass Onboard device and not configurate it.

Thank you very much for you help

Have a good day,

Alice

• 2.  RE: How to connect to ClearPass OnBoard

Posted Jun 14, 2012 11:11 AM

Hi Alice,

ClearPass Onboard is tighly integrated with the ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) but is deployed on a separate appliance. The reasoning behind this is that customers will typically want to deployment the Onboard server in a different security zone to their enterprise AAA server such as CPPM. CPPM is usually deployed in a server vlan adjacent to the identity stores such as Active Directory and Onboard is often deployed in a security zone that is permitted access from the unprovisioned BYOD devices.

Speak to your local account team about getting access to the Onboard evaluation appliance as well for your testing.

Rgds

Cam.

• 3.  RE: How to connect to ClearPass OnBoard

Posted Jun 14, 2012 11:29 AM

Thank you for this answer. So i must ask Aruba to get access to it ?

• 4.  RE: How to connect to ClearPass OnBoard
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2012 11:37 AM

Your local account team or Aruba reseller can help you get setup with this evaluation.