Security

Contributor I

How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

I have just setup a 650 controller, with 5 105-ap as rap.  I have one ssid setup for guest users which uses the local database via teh captive portal login page. I want to setup a ssid for internal users that will authenticatethme via MS AD servers we have setup internally.  Is there a guide on how to get this setup?

Aruba Employee

Re: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

This depends on the SSID you want to create. Are you trying to do 802.1x? If so, you will need a RADIUS server (Microsoft IAS) which can be installed on the domain controller. If you are just trying to do captive portal, you can use LDAP. Both of these configurations should be in the Aruba OS User Guide.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor I

I want to do captive portal and have it pass over thier AD/login to the server for validation.

Aruba Employee

Do you need a separate SSID for this? As in, are they going to a different VLAN? If not, you can use your existing SSID with Captive portal and just add the LDAP server to the Server Group currently being used.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor I

Yes they are on a different vlan from my guest ssid. My winodws server admin says I need to use the windows ntlm option.

Guru Elite

along5664 wrote:

Yes they are on a different vlan from my guest ssid. My winodws server admin says I need to use the windows ntlm option.

A long, the step-by-step procedure to get this done is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Step-by-Step-How-to-Configure-Microsoft-NPS-2008-Radius-Server/m-p/14392/highlight/true#M6113

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: