Security

New Contributor

How to wire cisco authen with CP Web auth?

Dear Sir

Now I config cisco switch to authen wire port with MAB ,

I success till to redirect Captive web from Clearpass to client which's unknow mac-addr.

But he can not complete to success authen with Clearpass's web auth, of course usrname/password for account login it was right.

I think it maybe issue from "Login Method" in the Page setup of CP, So I tried to change to "Server-initiated'  but still not success to authen , and the error message appear " Required parameers unavailable"

Please help !

Guru Elite

Re: How to wire cisco authen with CP Web auth?

That means the switch is not passing the MAC address in the redirect URL.
What version of IOS is the switch running?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Dear Cappalli

BOOTLDR: C2960S Boot Loader (C2960S-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(55r)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

New Contributor

Dear Cappilla

From my understood, user should be directly authenticate with CP , then CP will enforcement by Update his mac-addr to endpoint repository and send CoA to switch cisco.

When client reconnect again (cause by CoA) , he will immediately suucess authen with MAC Authen.

Refer Pages > Web Logins  , I try to use Controller-initiated or server-initiated,

but both  not work  or even tried to select "vendor setting = Captive portal with Clearpass Web Auth"

, it also not work.

But I would like to know What exactly should be select ?

Occasional Contributor I

Dear Jateairhead,

i have a same setup where i have to do web auth for wired users, i am enable to redirect the use to captive portal page, can u help with the config the cisco switch and cppm ...

New Contributor

Hi

Follow step with my attached file , Definitely work.

Occasional Contributor I

I have configured the cisco switch and the cppm, i am able to get the web auth page for client but i am not able to authenicate with the user created. i am attaching the access tracker log and the screen shots of service created for 802.1x on cppm along with the cisco switch config.

does the configuration on cisco switch should be done on core switch or the acess switch ?

please help..... :)

MVP

The config should be done where you are expecting the wired devices to connect which is usually on an Access Switch

You need to create a Web-based Authentication service and a Mac Auth service , based on the screenshot from Access Tracker is not matching any service

Are you working with an Aruba partner ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

I have created both  the web auth and the mac auth which are in attachments file.

we are regestered aruba partner..

MVP

Did you configured the captive portal page to use Cisco as the vendor and server-initiated login method ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: